Yet-another Multiplayer Demo

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:35 pm

Hi

Awsome ,

It's realy an amazing solution rexrainbow.
but i still have 'login failed' ..
please can you upload the last capx files on a new dropbox link because this one "http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5779181/bottleneck_demo.7z" is dead :)

Also i don't understand the difference between MiniTown_npc.capx and MiniTown.capx.(or you just used 2 ways ??)

I know you are busy :p
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:31 am

@SuperMoi

MiniTow
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:56 am

Thanks !! i will try it right now :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:11 am

Hi,

A newbie here. Your demo is awesome, but I'm trying to run the capx or make my own, and I always get "Login failed". Even from Construct 2 or exporting and uploading to dropbox.

The BN channel is set to http://bottleneck.herokuapp.com/game
(what is this? do I need an heroku account? where can I find some help on bottleneck plugin?)

I've tried your examples at:
http://playone.goodluckwith.us/games/Mini%20Town/
http://playone.goodluckwith.us/games/BN_Lobby/

and works fine, so it's not browser problem.

What can I do?

thanks!
Oak
B

Post » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:10 pm

A very nooby question regarding "user join":

I don't know how the rexrainbow's node.js server works, but it seems to be that at some point it stops registering users. In the rexrainbow's example it says "Login to lobby failed". After a while it starts working again. Is it somehow connected to heroku? If I'll install the server locally, would it solve the problem? Is it possible to reset the server manually somehow? xoros2012-11-14 13:29:34
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:49 pm

@xoros

I'm not sure why "Login to lobby failed". I always login the lobby successfully.

There is a limit in game-room only, when the game started, the game-room will close so that new users could not join into this game-room.

The lobby does not have this limit. Could you give more information?

BTW, you could get the server code in first post of this thread.rexrainbow2012-11-14 13:51:10
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:14 am

Hey rexrainbow,

the plugin and server are working just fine and very easy to use. But right now I'm trying to solve the following problem:

The user should automatically connect to the next available game room or create a new one with the higher index. So I'm trying to do something like this:

"On room unavailable" > set RoomID to str(int(RoomID)+1)
> Bottleneck "User MyUserName" join to room "RoomID"

But it doesn't work like this. It seems that after "onRoomUnavailable" there's no other "connectivity" actions possible. Ideally it should work recursively.

Or do I have to save room data somewhere on the server and parse the data with something like php?   
xoros2012-12-11 09:15:00
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:44 am

@xoros

The RoomID is not a series number, it created by user.
In Lobby.capx, I use a hash table to save the valid room name and room id. (On function "UpdateVaildGameList") So you might need to maintain a data structure to store these room info.

Sorry, it might not be convenient.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:36 am

Yes, I know, that RoomID is a string, but the thing I want to achieve is just automatical RoomID generation (instead of using that from the input field).

Example flow:

- Default RoomID is "0" (which is a string set in an event)
- the first player(0) automatically joins the roomID "0" and is waiting for an opponent
- the next player(1) automatically joins the roomID "0"
- the client checks if number of players =>2, closes the roomID "0", goto Game
- the next player(2) joins the default roomID "0", but can't because it's closed
(until this point everything works fine)
- Condition "onRoomUnavailable" should try to change the roomID variable to something else (e.g. convert str to int iterate it +1 and than convert back to str). This could also be just another string like "FreeRoom". It means that the next room is automatically created by the client.
- Try to join to the newly created roomID (this step doesn't work).

The problem is, that "onRoomUnavailable" doesn't allow to retry joining another room xoros2012-12-11 10:36:39
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:27 pm

@xoros

Thanks, I understand that the "onRoomUnavailable" is a condition in bottleneck, not in bottleneck_lobby. (I make a mistake previous post)

In my original design, the room id is an identify to tell friends to join my game, like "xoros's game".
The available room list is maintained in game lobby (bottleneck_lobby, not in bottleneck). So player could choice the game which he/she want to join.

I need to check the server code and bottleneck plugin if you wish to get a available room id in bottleneck plugin. (when I have time. I'm making a new sprite bank recently, sorry.)rexrainbow2012-12-11 16:44:23
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations