Yogo Path-procedurally generated platformer

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:43 pm

Edit: 15-12-2016

I’m undecided right now, I don’t know if I release this game as it is, as a procedurally generated platform game, or wait and make a full fledged game with handcrafted levels, and include this as a endless mode of that game… anyway here’s a new video of the current gameplay.
I’ll add some new graphical features to juice it up a little bit

Yogo Path video

Original Post-Hi, finally, I took some time to remake my Ludum Dare entry ” Yogo Path”.
The game was made for LD28, and It was a platformer with procedurally generated levels. Ludum Dare entry
Now the game has only one procedural endless level (like an endless runner), and the backgrounds are procedurally generated too... and I made a new gameplay music.
I didn’t test this fully yet(only on Chrome and on my overpowered PC), so I don’t know if it runs well with all the procedural stuff going on.
I just found one bug that happens for time to time, when the collision checks breaks the game, but I couldn’t fix it yet.

I want to add some extra lights and particles to the game but I need to make sure if all runs well as it is.

I will upload this on itch.io(as a free game), but if you have the time to play it, go for it, and if you find any bugs, please tell me here on the forum.

Last edited by cesisco on Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:01 am, edited 5 times in total.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:14 pm

Nice concept!
Artwork, and all looks great.
I might suggest some other types of power ups if you have thought of that already.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:29 pm

Thanks newt!
Good idea, I have a lot of other stuff ready to include in the game(like missiles destroying the Path), but I was worried about the performance.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:58 pm

I’m undecided right now, I don’t know if I release this game as it is, as a procedurally generated platform game, or wait and make a full fledged game with handcrafted levels, and include this as a endless mode of that game… anyway here’s a new video of the current alpha gameplay.
I’ll add some new graphical features to juice it up a little bit

Yogo Path video
B
S
G

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests