"YOPP" A call to Ouya and interested developers

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:37 pm

I am looking forward to be able to release my coming game for Ouya with C2, already supported Ouya on there Kickstarter.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:39 pm

[QUOTE=Lovelocke64] Good stuff to think on. Youtube is blocked at work, but I'll check it the videos when I get home. Few points:

1. "SNES-Era" games represent the high-end of what I'd like to do nowadays, at least using Construct 2. We have a good artist, she's currently learning the way of the pixel art however, so for our first outing I'm thinking something more along the lines of the Colecovision for our first title. Ever play Montezuma's Revenge? It also came out on Commodore 64 (another desired look). Although of course, I'm open to a more diverse color palette.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/c64/montezumas-revenge/screenshots

2. Didn't realize the link between android and Open GL, though I knew that Direct X was a Microsoft convention. As I read your thoughts on the subject, my mind drifted toward an (old?) article I saw last year... please peruse! http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/133824-valve-opengl-is-faster-than-directx-even-on-windows

There are a few Direct X -> OpenGL wrappers out there already, the most famous being "WINE" perhaps, but as far as I know, that's for Apple Computers only. Again, we're coming to a wall of what I do know compared to what I've heard/read, but the main reason nobody does OpenGL on Windows is because, well, DX is there... and has been since Windows 95. "They don't know any better".[/QUOTE]

At this time I'm also aiming at the SNES era limitation design.
Yikes, I haven't played on a Coleco in... many many years.
yes I agree. People just use DX because it's there and it's what people use. Vicious circle really :) To me IOS and Android will be breaking that circle in the next 2 decades.

Thanks everyone. Please keep the positive interests coming. I can only hope that others are doing the same at other game engine communities :) Also i know there are a few others who show interest who haven't commented yet :) more the merrier :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:50 am

So I have a response from boxer8. They posted a reply asking which wrapper/engines they should look into to contact. I hope it leads to something :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:26 am

Sign in
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:27 pm

@jayderyu - I hope it leads somewhere. Thank you for looking into that, and thanks to boxer8 for trying to improve our community.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:49 pm

I think I'm most happy that boxer8 is willing to have wrapper based html games on there system. There was a previous reply to another topic they weren't into supporting Browser games and more inclined to support games that use the ODK.

I suspect that's because of the IAP is in the ODK. Which is there primary means to of the community and money collection. Browsers don't have access to the ODK. So it looks like Wrapped games are a go. So let's see where this can lead.

I'm looking into getting GameClosure running on windows. I seem to be hit with a problem using git.bash and chown :( to isntall the GC kit. If GC works I might take up writing a a controller and IAP bindings. As it is now rfisher's PhoneGap plugin is the only route and PhoneGap is terrible on performance. So let's just see :)

keep the sign in's coming. Again even if your not working on an Ouya game, but will consider it some time in the future please just make a reply letting boxer8 know your are interested :)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:45 am

I'm interested in developing for ouya as well.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:04 am

definitely interested in ouya/c2 development
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:09 am

Once the oportunity is open, ill gladly work on game projects for ouya console :D
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:59 pm

People may prefer DirectX over OpenGL for several reasons.

a) It's usually the first to launch new features (used to be quite the opposite before).

b) It's well documented while OpenGL docs and tutorials are all over the place.

c) Writing shaders in HLSL and porting them over to GLSL is considered to be easier by some.

d) Managed DirectX.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General