You know what I think?

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:09 pm

Let's be honest here

The Construct has a great potential maker, a great proposal, it goes forward.

Now, I think that the construct should have more programmers around the world, do not see the Haiku.

The Construct is a maker that has a future is open-source, a great choice of maker, now to your points:

He sucks
It is slow and different from others
It uses DirectX, or anything Linux or Mac, unlike other open-source programs.

Now I think what should be done about it:

Add a bunch of programmers to help you
Use SDL or Allegro sluggish than the game

Do what I said, will help a lot.
B
G

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:32 am

I'm pretty sure sdl or allegro is slower than directx, but I could be wrong.

[quote="Rick16":u43an3x4]He sucks
It is slow and different from others [/quote:u43an3x4]
different from others? if anything that's a good thing. I don't think you've used construct enough to understand that it's already a full fledged game creator who (besides a few bugs) is miles ahead of it's competitors in terms of speed, power, and coding system. I don't know what you mean about slow. The cross platform stuff is due to the fact that the devs were amateur coders at the time, but i think it's planned for Construct 2.0.

[quote="Rick16":u43an3x4]Add a bunch of programmers to help you [/quote:u43an3x4]
easier said than done. :mrgreen:
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:48 am

Performance wise, Construct beats Game Maker and MMF by a large margin. You can test that easily.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:27 am

[quote="Rick16":135vk3a4]He sucks[/quote:135vk3a4]

A very close minded comment; Construct is certainly not male.

[quote="Rick16":135vk3a4]It is slow and different from others[/quote:135vk3a4]

If you can find a faster game creation program I'll give you a flying salmon.

[quote="Rick16":135vk3a4]It uses DirectX, or anything Linux or Mac, unlike other open-source programs.[/quote:135vk3a4]

Where is it said that all open-source programs cannot use DirectX, or even that a majority don't??

[quote="Rick16":135vk3a4]Use SDL or Allegro sluggish than the game[/quote:135vk3a4]

What?

If you want to make a point about things which could improve Construct, don't pick arguments in the areas that categorically cannot be true. While more programmers and multi-platform capabilities would be nice, the majority of the gaming market use Windows. The one thing which surely cannot be in any doubt for anyone in the world who has used Construct is that it is slow. It's highly optimised and written for speed.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:45 pm

I'm aware of the several flaws in Construct at the moment, but our best shot to correct those problems are in Construct 2.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:11 pm

I think you're pretty much full of it.

I know a lot of artists in the industry that never would have had to chance to work on their own game, being their own art directors if it wouldn't have been for Construct. Construct already is an amazing tool for indie development.

Of course the app isn't perfect. All this stuff, this whole experience of being able to create content without having to invest years of your life learning a complex programming language is still very new and people will have to find out how to properly approach this.

I think the best way to contribute to Construct is to use the app, create great games, report bugs, give feedback and donate. Once we see great commercial games pop up things will pretty much explode.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:42 pm

Olha, eu uso ele a mais de um ano e sei o suficiente.

Vamos ser reais aqui.

O Construct precisa de muitas coisas novas
Quero dar os parabns aos seus programadores, eu mesmo nunca faria tal coisa.
Mas ele realmente precisa melhorar, em vez de python, criem uma linguagem de alto nvel para o Construct, usem OpenGL, melhorem a engine Construct
B
G

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm

Talk about lost in the translation.....

Sorry english board, these guys have a hard enough time figuring out my gibberish.....
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:24 am

Rick16.. you should definitely work on your English. Maybe your poor translation made you say some things you did not intend.. but come on!

Construct is one of the coolest open source tools I've come across, the program is FAST (I've tried gamemaker), is powerful, and pretty easy to use. The developers and other users are responsive too.

The only negative I have is the python support. Questions on just about any other topic are answered really quickly, but Python help is pretty much non-existent... but I still love you guys. :D
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:04 am

[quote="Rick16":1dr0mkc9]Olha, eu uso ele a mais de um ano e sei o suficiente.

Vamos ser reais aqui.

O Construct precisa de muitas coisas novas
Quero dar os parabns aos seus programadores, eu mesmo nunca faria tal coisa.
Mas ele realmente precisa melhorar, em vez de python, criem uma linguagem de alto nvel para o Construct, usem OpenGL, melhorem a engine Construct[/quote:1dr0mkc9]

En tied, mit se tarkoittaa, mutta uskon, olen samaa mielt.

Muodosta on helppokyttinen ja todella nopea verrattuna MMF2 ja muille. Kytin Game Maker liikaa ja se rjhti. Nyt vntmomentti on melko hyv, mutta se vaatii scripting. Meille ei ole innokas ohjelmointikielet (tai oppiminen) vet ja pudottaa edellytys perustuu luomiseen ohjelmisto on tie.

Voi, en todellakaan tied paljon suomeksi, kytin kntjn hauskaa! Monikielinen vitteet ovat hauskoja:)

**I doubt this thread is serious anyways***
B
S
G

Next

Return to Construct Classic Discussion