Your AppStore paid apps experience

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:41 pm

@ArcadEd - Okay, thanks for the info, but it's all a bit much mucking around for me ^^ Plus I'm not very computer literate, all my games work has been QA and design and I have never even touched a mac. So I fear I would outlay that $800-odd and get stuck on some technical aspect I'm not able to deal with. Even the Android process took me a while to get used to.

Thanks again anyway, and if anyone else happens by this who could help, I think you would get a decent number of takers over time.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:00 pm

Our App is an educational game, Steve Storm and the Tables of Doom, it is a $1.99 app with no in game purchases. It has no been out 2 months and we have sold around 600 a month. Sales have now slowed down to about 10 a day. This was a relatively expensive project and we will in no way directly recoop costs. In our situation the app was also a branding exercise and we can hopefully gain indirect customers.

I would not spend such a large amount of money again. In my opinion app sales and the inability for non-free apps to earn back costs is a major problem. If we make another app it would have be significantly cheaper to make and much more thought needs to go in to monetizing within the app. I have some clear ideas about what I would like to do in that regard. Even a cheap to produce application is expensive if you create it in a business environment, I am not talking about hobby developers. If you cost the time and effort a simple app quickly costs many thousands of dollars. You need to sell a lot at $0.99 to earn that back.

Because of the significant development costs and the extremely low return developers are not likely to create the kind of apps I would like to see. czar2013-10-03 20:03:32
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:09 am

[QUOTE=ArcadEd] I invested time in App store seo. Picking out the right keywords, etc.

Other than that I just let them fly. Every once in a while I change them to free to get a batch of downloads and some reviews. Sometimes sites will pick them up for "Free app Fridays" or something.

@tumira that's 200-500 a month.
Here is a link to one that is usually .99 but I am running for free until Saturday. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/word-search-for-kids-2-perfect/id693620862?ls=1&mt=8 You can see the other games if you scroll down and see "other games by this developer" Everything was done in C2.

The latest game (word search for kids 2) I spent 200 dollars on hiring an artist for the graphics, then rest was a bit of time reworking the original word search for kids.

What are you asking for the application process?[/QUOTE]

Hey @ArcadEd, you can PM me the artist who did the graphics for you? It's really looking good. And your game it's pretty cool. It's sad that is not open-source. Hahahaha.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:51 am

I'm actually considering doing a Udemy course since so many people have asked for the Word Search game. Obviously I don't want the market flooded with games just like mine :)

The artist is Mark Quire, I actually found him in the Wanted/For hire forums. He did a lot of the artwork in my upcoming zombie game too. He's awesome, but he was actually just contracted to do a game from scratch on his own, so is time is pretty spent for a while.

I have a few others I have used too. I found them on Odesk, which is a great place to find artists as well.ArcadEd2013-10-04 02:51:58
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:58 pm

@ArcadEd

How about other platforms ?( Windows 8 and Google Play)
Which are your suggestion on best revenue compare to App Store ?

I`m actually thinking about buying Mac Mini but still holding out. (already have Ipad)

Do we really need Appcod.es ? Does it really improve your apps discovery ?

Sorry that I asked alot..
tumira2013-10-27 14:59:40
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:14 pm

Appcod.es or something like it is pretty essential for doing keyword research and optimizing your game. Over half of games are found via search on the app stores.

Droid and Windows 8 I don't bother with selling games. I just put ads on them. Admob for droid, MS ads for windows.

B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General