Your C2 tests

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:38 am

lol... damn and i added them all manually ;D
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:14 pm

Some way to set them with co-ords too would be awesome - when you want accuracy, and aren't using edges or corners to align things. :)

Been working on an old age mutant kung-fu turtle.

johnnysix.net/~KFT01

It's interesting seeing how Atomic Armadillo did the Ninja Gaiden stuff- it's almost exactly what I'm trying to get to in my buggy way.

I haven't half as elegant a solution, and through a unexpected crash trying to duplicate scenery, lost the workaround to stop him skating after jumping. :p

If you press down while jumping he'll smash down on enemies ( and won't ski )

CAPX here www.johnnysix.net/games/TurtlePower6.capxwww.johnnysix.net/games/TurtlePower6.capx

Edit - been tightening up the GFX on level 3.

Just need to figure out why the splats aren't spawning when the enemies are destroyed.JohnnySix2012-03-12 23:39:45
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:29 am

Here is a prototype for my first game - tentatively called thumbshooter.

Works best in Chrome and Firefox.

The prototype can be played at games.mgti.com/ThumbShooter/

Touch or click the red bar to load a projectile, fire at spikeys. The yellow(ish) center fountain is a gravity well, it will accelerate a projectile towards itself. The purple fountains at the sides are anti-gravity wells, they will accelerate the projectile away from themselves.

Touching the red bar while a projectile is rolling around will cancel the current one and load another. The projectile can be captured in the center wells gravity if it approaches at too low a velocity -- this is quite entertaining.

Works ok on ipad, my 3gs is slow. I need to do some work to limit the particle effects and animation on the lower speed devices.

Marc
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:40 am

Remoting Construct2 game from another Browser window or Smartphone, tablet,... with Pubnub :

Explanations : Pubnub is a socket send and receive messages service allowing to have socket functionalities without the need of Node.js-Socket.io.

I wrote a Pubnub plugin (Quick and dirty so I won't post it for now, based on Zack0Wack0 WebSocket plugin)

Using it I can remote actions in C2 game from another browser window, smartphone, tablet (Wifi, Internet, 3G)

It is very basic but the result : http://vimeo.com/38425656
(The screencast is choppy but the result is fluid IRL...)

You can setup a Pubnub account and get details about Pubnub here : http://www.pubnub.com

With a free account, you get 5 Million messages per month, enough to test and retest ! simpleex2012-03-13 11:41:44
B
S

Post » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:43 pm

Hi Everybody,

Just started getting into C2 and I'm really enjoying how user friendly it is.

I made a quick test of a 2d lighting solution.

You can try it out here.

And here's the Capx file.

One problem I'm having with it is the Additive blending mode on the light. It works fine as long as there's a background sprite is on the same layer as the light and shadows, but it won't work if the background sprite is on a layer below it. I can make the Additive blending work by setting "Force Own Texture" to No on the Light and Shadows layer, but this breaks the shadows. So it seems like I can't have both an 'additive' light and 'destination out' shadows at the same time, only one or the other. At the moment in the capx file, there's a second copy of the background sprite in the Light and Shadows layer (as well as one on the Background layer), if you delete this you'll see what I mean by the Addtive mode no longer working .

If there's a way to get that Additive mode working with the shadows, then you should be able to have multiple light sources in different colours, which could be pretty cool.

I hope somebody finds this useful, or could point me in the right direction to get the rest of it working. Thanks!

Edit: I'm getting 60 fps in IE9, but for some reason it only works locally. In firefox I'm getting 50 fps, and in Chome I'm only getting 20! No idea why.Puck2012-03-25 13:12:32
B
G

Post » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:37 pm

Updated monsters so they jump around and aren't just sine-wave movement any more. They're quite random - they also jump around on platforms too, nowhere is safe now. :)

http://www.johnnysix.net/games/KFT03/
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:08 am

Making progress on the graphics , sloowly.

B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:31 am

@puck,

that...is nice light sir.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:45 am

I agree - that is really impressive, thanks for sharing the cap

Edit: The eventing is so short! Though i dont think ill be understand it for a while, lol.GenkiGenga2012-03-24 08:47:39
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:44 pm

@puck,

amazing, it looks even better zoomed out.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations