Sprites also mine.

Controls:
Moving W A D
Weapons select 1 2 3 4 5
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:21 pm

I've uploaded a new test build of a top down zombie WIP I'm working on for fun.

If anybody has time I'd really appreciate people trying it and specifically telling me what their FPS are and what sort of system they have (browser, CPU and GPU). There's three levels of quality that effect how many shadows are drawn, which you can toggle through by pressing SPACE. Ideally I would like people to be able to run it with 'very high' settings (even the enemies cast shadows), but I expect that will tax most machines to be honest.

Press E to toggle between a pistol and flamethrower. Right click to shoot a Flare which attracts the zombies. The red dots are exploding barrels.

There's no goal in this build, it's just testing out the recent things I've put in (like gibs when a zombie explodes, and spreading fire etc).

Test it out here.
B
G

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:27 pm

NugMan: That's awesome - Very smooth animation/control. I like the pixel art too.Puck2012-06-13 13:28:25
B
G

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:43 pm

Puck, your game looks good, but on latest Chrome and a quite good computer, I do only have 3-6 fps. Not enough to play it more than 1 minute :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:24 am

To whom it may concern.

C2 Rocks.

I began less than a month ago, working on my game whenever I have "free" time.

I have two wonderful gamer daughters who are helping me out with ideas.

I am reading the well-written manual, following the fantastic tutorials, creating the "music", producing the "artwork", etc...

Anyway, here is what I have done so far.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/84530483/index.html

Space-bar to shoot.

You can move with the arrow keys.

Find the "dear looking thingy" so you can push some blocks that look like other blocks but they can only be moved once you catch the "dear looking thingy".

You can also lift the blocks when you have the "dear looking thingy"

Once you catch the "dear looking thingy", you can let him go by right-clicking the small version of him that is now pinned to your player.

I am having some difficulties, but I am over-coming most of them and when it is taking too long, I just say "later" and make it do something else.

For example, I have no idea how to make a pushed block stay on a moving platform so I made it do something else.

Enough typing for now.

Please critique.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:06 pm

My rendition of Ashley's tutorial, with a couple of extra actions.
   www.pixeloosa.com/arcade/dragonflyby02.html
Downloading this program caused nearly everything else in my life to go to poo from neglect. I should have designed a game for balancing delicately stacked dished. For the first week I couldn't pull away from the program. Very addicting! Now back to the housework before the roaches move in.
B
S

Post » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:30 pm

@ParCutz Nice job! I really like your game art, and your music fits the whole game very nicely. Did you make the music yourself?

One problem I found was there are a few places that I got trapped, and had to restart the game to get out. I would suggest testing it well, find all the places that you get stuck, and make something that will move your player to a checkpoint or something when this happens. Other than that good job, keep it up :)

@Auntie Val Nice job also! Great graphics, keep up the good work :)

You guys should start your own thread's for your games. I think they would get more attention that way instead of getting lost in this thread.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:28 am

Thanks Wink for the compliment as well as the constructive feed-back.

The ladders are the biggest culprit.

Yes, I did create the music myself.

I was messing around with some pretty cool software and that is what came from it.

I was going to start my own thread, but I do not want to jump in the deep end just yet.

I am enjoying my every frustrating moment with C2.

It is bringing me back to the time I was "programming" games on my Commodore 64.

Good times.

Thanks again.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:34 am

Thank you so much wink! I'm new to the forums so I'm not yet familiar with the protocols for starting new threads. Thanks again for your kudos.
B
S

Post » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:33 pm

Here's a game I am working on called Defender.
It's an action game inspired from Wizards and Warriors and Act Raiser.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53823971/defender/index.html

B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations