your favorite games

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:28 am

*high five*
I still want a pogo stick.
Badly.

Amd I just remembered joust. This one would deserve a remake!
...but this is mostly psychological. Check my devlog
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:54 am

Mostly series of games, heh.

5. Metroid Prime (Series)
Had a lot of fun with these games, played them on the Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Nintendo Wii, which sure was a fun Summer.
4. Turrican (All of them)
Now this series right here got me into music composing, and game design.
3. Streets of Rage (All of them)
Another one I had fun with, and another one that got my into music composing.
2. Double Dragon II NES
By far my favorite NES game of all time. Real fun, and has one of the best endings I've ever seen in a game.
1. Fallout 3
Words can't describe, to me, this game has every thing, and I find a little more every time I play. I could talk all day about it, the story is great, (While it mostly has elements from the first 2 Fallout games, it blends all together, successfully reintroducing the series) the entire soundtrack is good, the secrets and items are good, exploring is fun, and overall everything is really satisfying. Fallout 3 is probably the most memorable game I've ever played.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:03 pm

[QUOTE=deadeye] 5. Resident Evil
The first game to ever scare me. (Yes, I know it's cheesy as hell but back in the day this game was groundbreaking.)

4. Super Mario Bros.
I played the hell out of this back in the day, and hell I still pull it out and play it every once in a while. And it's success pretty much launched the platform game genre, which overall is my favorite genre.

3. Metroid
So awesome.

2. The Legend of Zelda
It was a tossup between this, A Link to the Past, or Ocarina of Time. Finally decided on this because without it there wouldn't be any others.

And my number one favorite game:

1. GTA San Andreas
This is the game that I keep going back to more than any other. I've beaten it several times, and I almost never get tired of playing it. And it has THE BEST soundtrack of any game, ever (well, non-game music soundtrack anyway).

[size=60:20ijvbjr]And yes I realize that there are three NES titles on that list. So what, I'm a nostalgic fanboy[/size:20ijvbjr] <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->[/QUOTE]

Zelda on N64 rocked
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:13 am

Don't know about favourite game, but the first one that made me want to complete it, and possible design games was UFO: Enemy unknown, which still hasn't been surpassed.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:46 am

Nice thread! Here are some of my alltime faves that come to mind:

Super Mario Bros 3

That's Mario in perfection. SMW comes close, but can't beat this NES gem imo.

[QUOTE=MelodiousRefractions]
2. Double Dragon II NES
By far my favorite NES game of all time. Real fun, and has one of the best endings I've ever seen in a game.
[/QUOTE]

Played this game to death with my brother back in the day. Double Dragon 2 is one of the finest scrolling beat'em up games there is, period!

Castlevania 3

Say what you want, to me Castlevania was still best before it became all metroid-ish with Symphony Of The Night. Once again a true highlight on the NES!

X-COM: Terror From The Deep

That's where I truly fell in love with TBS for the first time. Had a cheesy poster of the game hanging in my room for the longest time. :D

[QUOTE=Tulamide]
TES IV: Oblivion
The total freedom of what you do and how is unbeaten.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure you aren't confusing this with The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind?

Cause that's where the real freedom was.
Oblivion feels almost restrictive in comparison, also it suffers from having been designed for consoles. That's not a proper
inventory, damn it! Morrowind is still my alltime favorite RPG. Bring on SKYRIM!

No One Lives Forever 2

I love the humor! And the gameplay was great too. The charme of this game can hardly be matched by any number of mindless COD-style shooters. Also great fun in multiplayer (banana slip, explosive robot cat).PixelRebirth2011-07-12 11:47:33
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:47 pm

1. Fallout 1&2
2. Planescape Torment
3. Divine Divinity
4. Magic the Gathering
5. Mass Effect

and much much more from different little indie projects to Master of Orion
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:50 pm

Let's see ...

1-Megaman series ( including Zero series for the GBA )
2-Zelda series ( my favorite one is Link to the past )
3-Tetris ( yeah i know ^^)
4-Final fantasy 7
5-Terranigma
5-Cave story

Well there is still a lot of games but those are the ones that came to my mind right now as some of the greatest gaming experience i've ever played.
Maybe i will update the list later Taiki2011-07-17 12:51:03
B
G

Post » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:49 pm

Here are my favorite games:

Robopon(GBC):
My first game ever. Sadly, I traded it away for a couple Poke'mon cards back in the day...

Animal Crossing(GCN):
My cousin introduced me to this game when it first came out and we played it for days on end. We watched eachother play and waited for our turn. I loved the anticipation, and the competition we set for one another(who could pay their house off the first).

LoZ: Windwaker(GCN):
This game was is still my favorite game ever. I loved the cell-shading and the puzzle solving. The story was excellent and the sailing and adventuring was very fun; you never knew what you would find next! Of course, I was extremely happy when I beat a particular part of the game(I was young, after all, lol). I did have to get a guide to beat the game though.

Poke'mon Gold/Silver(GBC):
These games were the pinnacle of my childhood. I spent hundreds of hours playing them both(even though they were the same). They were the best Poke'mon games ever, IMO. They remind me of happier times, and I still play them every now and then.

Alice: Madness Returns(PC):
This came out just recently. I always loved the theme of playing a character who was in an asylum(the psychotic aspect was interesting to me on how it affected the gameplay). Plus, it was the first game in a long time to actually disturb me(I won't spoil anything, but chapter 2 freaked me out for some reason). The amount of detail is excellent and you get the first Alice for free.

Of course, Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, the GTA series and many more contribute to my favorites, but I picked the ones I had a lot of memories with(except Alice). Psychlade2011-07-20 13:53:58
B
G

Previous

Return to Open Topic