"Your Game" vs Pokemon Go ...

Ideas and discussion about publishing and distributing your games

Post » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:09 pm

Hi !
Is anyone of you guys planning on releasing their game soon ? How do you think the "explosion" that is pokemon go , is going to affect your release . Personally i was planning to release my game in few weeks but in the same time PGo will officially release in my country (actually almost everyone is already playing it from unofficial apk-s ) . So i have the fear that no one will ever care about my game no matter how confident i am about its quality ...

Anyone else has had previous experiences trying to release their game in the same time a "Hit videogame" gets released , and how did you cope with the situation ?

Thanks !!
'Image'Image'Image
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:44 pm

It's not. We are in a completely different genre with a very different player base.
https://www.ravenheart.ca/home
I don't check the forums much anymore, but I will receive an email for PMs.

"Someone once told me I bite off more than I can chew...

I told them I would rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity."
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:28 pm

You start using keyphrases like "Available offline", or " Does not require you to get off your ass".
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:39 pm

newt wrote:You start using keyphrases like "Available offline", or " Does not require you to get off your ass".

:D something to keep in mind !!
'Image'Image'Image
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:41 pm

gumshoe2029 wrote:It's not. We are in a completely different genre with a very different player base.

Makes total sense what you say , now that i see it that way it even seems pretentious to worry about that at all ... but hey , who knows !
'Image'Image'Image
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:41 pm

No, it is true. We are building a hardcore strategy game. Pokemon GO is a light hearted real world exploration overlay collection game. The two genres have very few players overlapping, I would imagine. Our game lends itself to egotistical control freaks, while Pokemon GO lends itself to social lost souls.
https://www.ravenheart.ca/home
I don't check the forums much anymore, but I will receive an email for PMs.

"Someone once told me I bite off more than I can chew...

I told them I would rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity."
B
S
G

Return to Distribution and Publishing