Your version v.1.190 infected my pc with spyware...

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:23 am

I found this post:
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=120436&p=861530#p861530

is this the one you meant? It contains a link to a download of stable version posted by Kyatric.

is it where you downloaded your software?

If it is true, then maybe your computer could already be compromised and corrupted the downloaded file or something like that.

If not, well, add it to learning experience that never ever go to official forum to ask for problems that happens on your pirated software. It is so embarrassing and insulting. But let's hope you did not do this. :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:08 am

For the record, I myself did not accuse you of pirating it, though I think I was the first raise this as a possibility, hoping you would respond to indicate you did not, and you did respond that you didn't. That's good. Discussion over.
B
S

Post » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:33 am

So yes I sent you to the official download, that will make you download "construct2-r190-setup.exe" if you take it directly from the website, and should allow you to download the same file even if you take it from torrent.

Nowhere is there a trace of "systemprotector.lua" in that installation file.

It's likely you got your computer infected with it from elsewhere, and it is a file/software (apparently with a quick google search the software "Advanced System Protector" that can be erased with CC cleaner).
Before raising hell every now and then, you should first have a look around and search by yourself before throwing accusations.

Also, people who are still using r178 generally tend to be using an old pirate license.
It did not really occurred to me in the previous topic and I still went right away to provide help.
But if it ends in allegations that "a moderator is framing you" perhaps your next request for any kind of help will simply get ignored.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:53 am

Do yourself a favour.. go here and download AdwCleaner That should sort your infected PC.

https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdown ... dwcleaner/
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:08 pm

Are you sure the spyware is not old?
From other software?

I don't know about you...but I don't check my task manager after every install. If you installed 10 items since you last checked...it could have been any of them.

Some spyware lay dormant, it could have been from forever ago.

You could have a virus that repackages your software. Meaning it makes it "look" like software is infected when really there is a bigger issue, something on your system is adding it to it.

There are many possibilities.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:29 pm

you are reffering to "v.1.190", where did you see that version number?

last time I checked, C2 only had either versions like "r190" or "Version 19000" for references, nothing like v.1.190., so it is normal to wonder (unless the installer mentionned it?).
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:47 pm

When I got refused at the Windows Store because of the data.js thing, I looked it up online and found some guy who's sky was falling, all his passwords were compromised and who knows what else.
It's a part of a Microsoft project, of which who's name I can't recall right now.
The point is, before you panic, look it up!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:40 am

Geez I made a mistake, we all do once in a while, I am sure even you did once, it's what makes us human and I am sorry I accused you of what you did not do, it won't happen again so can we just drop it already?... .-. _._ ._. :)
B
S

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General