Zelda AI Issues

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:49 pm

@dpyellow, I also made small change to AI CAPX

About overall design of the game.

- I think there is way too many events and object. Button icons for example you could make one sprite called icon and just but different animation frame to them.

- There is own event for almost every combination of conditions.

- There is object called Tiled background object.

- In an isometric game it would be better practice to make invisible collision box for all characters, walls and such and just but graphics over them to show animations (also collision box for melee attacks)

- Also not sure why it takes 39 MB (that is a lot considering what there is).

I say this because in a long run it makes things a lot easier and more functional.

This actually made me to think about releasing one platform CAPX for new people to see one option how to make stuff. Single example usually doesn't give very good picture about the structure. Better users than I could then make improvements to it.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:21 pm

[QUOTE=dpyellow] Hey, thanks guys, I'll try all this. @DrewMelton, My sprites are that big because they were extremely blurry before, but yeah, they probably are quite a bit too big. I'll play around with that and see how small they can be without being very blurry.[/QUOTE]

I think that's because you weren't using point sampling. It looked like it was set to linear sampling instead. Try point sampling, and maybe turn on pixel rounding as well.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:14 pm

@Katala Thanks Man! I like how you made everything work in that .capx! About your suggestions, I agree with most of them, but there is a few things I`d like to clarify. For the Button Icon thing, the HUD needs multiple sprites for when you`ll be able to switch out items. and for the file size, ... that`s `cause I was dumb and made sprites too big instead of linear sampling and pixel rounding likeDrewMelton said.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:43 pm

[QUOTE=dpyellow]and made sprites too big instead of linear sampling and pixel rounding likeDrewMelton said. [/QUOTE]

Point sampling, not linear. But yeah :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:53 pm

[QUOTE=DrewMelton] [QUOTE=dpyellow]and made sprites too big instead of linear sampling and pixel rounding likeDrewMelton said. [/QUOTE]

Point sampling, not linear. But yeah :)[/QUOTE] Heh, oops! that's what I meant.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:15 pm

Nice
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?