Zelda Inspired Practice [Playable]

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:49 pm

You should try licecap. I've suggested it before to someone else, it works super well, and gives high quality gifs. But keep mind that any gif longer than 5-10 seconds, will be 2-3 Mb or more, but it's a trade off for nice high quality non-grainy gifs.

Also, good job on this project. We're doing similar things, as I have a Zelda Gamekit in progress (link in my sig), so you can check that out too. Feel free to ask me for help, as I've gotten a lot of features implemented and can provide input on how to approach things.
Zelda Gamekit (my project)

Example capxs:

Zelda-Style Inventory

Zelda Health

3-saveslot system

[url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/d4396pwak0oh7q6/ZeldaDialogueSystem.capx?dl=0]Zelda-like Dialogue[
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:12 pm

I take a screenshot with printscreen on windows and then open paint and paste it there. Afterward I cut out the photo and resize it.
Check out my awesome Android Game releases https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ames&hl=en
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:45 pm

LaDestitute wrote:You should try licecap. I've suggested it before to someone else, it works super well, and gives high quality gifs. But keep mind that any gif longer than 5-10 seconds, will be 2-3 Mb or more, but it's a trade off for nice high quality non-grainy gifs.

Also, good job on this project. We're doing similar things, as I have a Zelda Gamekit in progress (link in my sig), so you can check that out too. Feel free to ask me for help, as I've gotten a lot of features implemented and can provide input on how to approach things.

Thanks, I will check licecap out!

I skimmed your thread, I'll be interested to look at it further when I get home (at work now) and look at some of the videos. Do you have any playable/demo links of the mechanics or any capx links? And where did you get the art assets from?

I hope to work on it a little further this weekend. I want to add another enemy or two (need to do art and AI), add money/rupees to drops and a little shop, and make the world a lot bigger. Maybe add an entrance to a dungeon/castle (won't get to the actual dungeon yet). I'm attempting to make everything a little different so it is somewhat original. This probably won't turn into a game but wouldn't mind doing something similar sometime. So will try to keep up with your post as much as I can remember to.

Also, if anyone wants to see the capx or wants to know how to do something specifically I'm keeping no secrets. As people have already pointed out its not bug-free though.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:56 pm

I plan to have something playable soon. I want to iron out some leftover bugs and finish implementing a full basic set of enemy AI (patrolling, wandering, shooting), i.e Green Soldiers, Buzzblobs, and Octorocks, as for what I mean.

I got the assets from spriter's resource but I ripped some from ALttP myself. I would love to see the capx as I could really use any help towards improving map switching and enemy AI.
Zelda Gamekit (my project)

Example capxs:

Zelda-Style Inventory

Zelda Health

3-saveslot system

[url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/d4396pwak0oh7q6/ZeldaDialogueSystem.capx?dl=0]Zelda-like Dialogue[
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:09 pm

Marius87 wrote:add screenshots !

Screenshots added :)
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:56 pm

Finishing up slime2 (such an original name) that shoots slimeballs. Top gets cut off when you damage it.

Took longer than I thought
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:32 pm

ImageImageImage

Play here:
http://www.loubagel.com/archives/zeldapractice/061916/index.html

Updates:
  • Map size expanded
  • Oasis added. Must traverse the desert maze to get to it
  • 2nd Enemy Type added
  • Random drops by enemies
  • Coins added (dropped by enemies)
  • Shuriken vending machine (too lazy to make full shop)
  • A few other surprises, including...
  • Last but not Least: Easter Eggs. Literally, 3 eggs hidden in desert. AJAX/PHP/mySQL table added to track who finds them. If that doesn't mean anything to you then simply put, when you find an egg you will know how many other have found it ("You are the 1st person to find this egg").

Hope you enjoy and happy egg hunting!

(will post more images in new post)
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:51 pm

Oh, and I don't think I ever thanked @Wrangler and @SoldjahBoy for the nice comments! Sorry for the delay! Gave me more motivation to add to it.

If you enjoyed it before you should definitely take a look again!
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:48 am

Just did a play through- very cool man! I loved the jump across the chasm- totally didnt expect that :)

very smooth

didnt find any easter eggs though...
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:40 am

I found 2/3 easter eggs

I bet if I could see an over-view map I could find the third- I couldn't figure it out! That second one was very clever though! I knew there had to be something on that screen.

B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests