Here's the breakdown of the things done:
- Put on paper the basic idea and look
- Created the game layout in Photoshop
- Created all the assets (platforms, ball, background, title screen, crown pickups)
- Animated the assets in After Effects
- Put everything together in C2 and created the gameplay and logic
- Implemented Google Play leaderboards and achievements
- Waste almost an hour on a stupid syncronization bug (different framerates = different restuls - was not using delta time)
- Choose appropriate music and sounds and plug them in
- Create all the promotional materials (screenshots, mockups, icons, etc)
- Publish on Google Play
About the game:
ZigZag Ball is a simple one-tap game where you have to keep the little ball on the moving platforms while collecting "crowns" and increasing your score. The gameplay mechanics are simple, but surprisingly a lot of fun and makes you want to "try again and again" as some of my friends put it. With the aesthetics I tried to follow a similar style to Monument Valley. While not even getting close to that level of quality and talent, I still believe the game looks quite nice and clean. You can also, as of today's update, collect and spend crowns in order to change the appearance of the ball.
Google Play Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ovgames.dumbball
I would really love to hear your feedback on:
[*]On a scale of 1 to 10 how fun do you believe it is
[*]Is it too hard or too easy for you?
[*]What would you improve?
Thank you for reading!