zombie game(feedback needed)

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:49 am

Ive been using construct for a few months now. This is my first real effort in making a game. I was back and forth on the tutorial section trying to get things to work. This is a WIP so feedback is welcome.

-Features-
-weapon changing
-inside/outside lighting
-zombies with an AI of an elementary school education
-grenades!!

things to be added
-the rest o the game(duh)
-weapon clips
-vaulting certain solids
-cutsceens
-and full screen if i can ever figure that out

zombie.rarDigital-Deuce2011-08-03 16:24:32
B
G

Post » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:40 am

Pictures ??
B
G

Post » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:04 pm

There are some very nice atmospheric touches in this already. Right in the beginning when the helicopter goes down, you realize that this isn't just a simple ghost shooter variant (you might want to change the description, since implying that will turn people away from downloading).

Instead of having a light blob on you, I'd prefer a proper flashlight to see further in front of the player. You're really easily lost in dark areas right now.

I like this very much so far. Gives you already a sense of survival which is needed for these kinds of games. Looking forward to future versions!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:24 pm

Oh yes, it is far more than a ghost shooter. You should put more emphazis on the "decided to push the ghost shooter to its limits" part and put some screenshots.

Now a little bit of feedback/drawbacks:
* W,A,S,D (fixed) is a combination for qwerty keyboards. Yet my keyboard is an azerty, so I must go left with 'Q' for you, go down with 'Z' while s and d keep their regular use. Strange pattern isn't it ? I'm used to have the middle finger on 'W' for you and go forward. WASD fixed forces me to have the forward key, the lower on the keyboard. My brain freezes ^^

* My screen resolution is 1920X1200. Your 640X480 looks really cute, but I'd like some option to, at least, double its size, or go full screen.

* After the death screen, the mouse cursor stays invisible. (back to the menu).
It should appear until we clicked on New game or something else.

Nice ambiance though, and a good use of CC's effects.

As pixel said, it's more than a ghost shooter.

Nice job.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:53 pm

a Pic would help, So that we can know what we are downloading bec. the zombies.rar file seems to be 50mb +

Not all of the Construct users are uncap
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:26 pm

Thank you so much and i will get right to work on these things you have mentioned.
B
G

Post » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:09 pm

i liked it!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:55 am

[QUOTE=PixelRebirth]
Instead of having a light blob on you, I'd prefer a proper flashlight to see further in front of the player. You're really easily lost in dark areas right now.

I like this very much so far. Gives you already a sense of survival which is needed for these kinds of games. Looking forward to future versions!
[/QUOTE]

I don't understand.
B
G

Post » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:33 am

[QUOTE=Digital-Deuce] [QUOTE=PixelRebirth]

[/QUOTE]

I don't understand. [/QUOTE]

I think he didn't get that by pressing 'f' you could turn on/off the flashlight.
Its beam is a bit narrow though, but it helps reinforcing the ambiance and the fact that "oh sh*t ! zombies eating me !!!"

:D
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:25 pm

yea the flashlight determines the hostility of the zombies, therefore its a trade off vision for stealth.
B
G

Next

Return to Your Creations