Zombie Survival (Demo Included)

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Demo Game Multiplayer Online with member registration system
  • Demo:http://www.filefront.com/17863640/Zombie-Survival.exe/

Hi guys, so i have been making a game(my first game) for the past few days(by working 1o minutes a day).After working i have finished the demo. This game is hard but it will get harder.

i just need help with one thing

i need a flash light sprite and i need some help implementing it

• Could you upload your demo to a different site? For some reason Filefront is ridiculously slow (starts at 25-30kps and quickly drops down to 2-3).

I've had good luck with dropbox.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • http://www.mediafire.com/?qflvap6u1yketez

I'm sure someone else has made a better flashlight tutorial in the tutorial forums with bump mapping and all that jazz. oh well heres a simple one.

to explain whats going on:

-make a new layer

-make a gradient of black to black (or whatever)

-set the layer 2 opacity to 75 ( it just needs to not be 100%)

-make flash light sprite on layer 2

• set flash light effect to erase

fill free to use the flash light sprite.

As for your game. it seems like its basically the ghost shooter with different graphics and a crazy intro.

I'm sure your just starting out. so good job on the intro and picking up the gun.

I recommend you play with the rts movement for the "zombies" instead of the ghost charge thing. it looks a lot more organic and they wont fly threw the walls.

hope you stick around and improve your ability's. theres tons of helpful examples hidden in these forums, you just need to do some digging.

And if you have questions the people here are extremely helpful. so just ask. but try not to spam.

• http://www.mediafire.com/?qflvap6u1yketez

I'm sure someone else has made a better flashlight tutorial in the tutorial forums with bump mapping and all that jazz. oh well heres a simple one.

to explain whats going on:

-make a new layer

-make a gradient of black to black (or whatever)

-set the layer 2 opacity to 75 ( it just needs to not be 100%)

-make flash light sprite on layer 2

- set flash light effect to erase

fill free to use the flash light sprite.

As for your game. it seems like its basically the ghost shooter with different graphics and a crazy intro.

I'm sure your just starting out. so good job on the intro and picking up the gun.

I recommend you play with the rts movement for the "zombies" instead of the ghost charge thing. it looks a lot more organic and they wont fly threw the walls.

hope you stick around and improve your ability's. theres tons of helpful examples hidden in these forums, you just need to do some digging.

And if you have questions the people here are extremely helpful. so just ask. but try not to spam.

hey thanks for the feed back, but when i try to download the cap file it justs gives me a pop up and it won't download. also my friend is giving me some art for the sprites

• http://rapidshare.com/files/445330713/Flash_light.cap

let me know if that worked any better for you.

• ugh, rapidshare, filefront and mediafire. Dropbox exists, might as well start using it.

http://db.tt/disf1X1

Use that link and you'll get an extra 250 gigs (a total of 2.25 gigs) and no upload limit, plus you don't have to log in to anything to use it.

As far as the game itself is concerned, of course it could use some work (I'm sure you already know that) but I definitely think you should do those suggestions that Bartosh mentioned.

On top of that, a few quick ideas you should be able to figure out easily

1) reset the point on the gun so the bullets don't fire from his head. Just choose the image point in the image editor and make sure the bullet spawns from that image point, not just the center of the character.

2) create a spawn point for the zombies. put some cracks in the wall and have them waddle out from there. It could be something simple, like create a sprite that is just a flatshaded box outside the play area. Create a variable for a timer, call it timer or something. When that timer reaches 0, then create a zombie and set the timer to some number + a random number, such as 50+Random(100). When that timer number is greater than 0, subtract 1 from it to make sure it counts down (but does not go passed zero). If you want to make things really interesting, when the timer resets, set the value to "ValueA+Random(ValueB)". Add a condition to the spawn event to say if Value A is greater than a certain number (whatever you want, this is just to prevent the spawn points from spawning instantly), then copy the event and change the greater than to lower or equal to. On the greater than event, subtract a certain number from valueA and valueB, then just initialize them both to whatever you like, this way as time goes on, the zombies start spawning much quicker.

3) Make some scenery, maybe some walls, whatever. You can also make some crates or other objects and give them the "physics" behavior so they can be pushed around, just make sure that you give the physics behavior to the character and zombies as well.

4) Don't make the zombies so fast. I'd settle for slower tougher zombies any day.

Good luck

• Games: I have something like that already in progress!

Hi.. i recently saw your post on your Zombie game. I was wondering if you had time to check out mine. I would not have taken the time to bother you if I thought it was sh*tty, but I am also interested in as many perspectives as possible.

Thank You

Here is my game:

scirra.com/forum/zombie-based-wip-w-awesome-flashlight_topic39555_page1.html

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)