Zombies Attack - Apocalypse [Android][iOS][Scirra Arcade]

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:48 pm

Image

About
Zombies Attack is an endless zombie slaughter game. The game is currently in beta testing, so every feedback and bug report is highly appreciated. If you want to sign in for testing, please follow the links below. The game is available in english and german. The language will be set automatically to your device language (if supported, if not to english).

Android: Become Beta Tester
iOS: coming soon...


Play
Download our beta game on Google Play (iOS coming soon) above or play it directly on Scirra Arcade first.
Scirra Arcade / Google Play

Control
On Mobile
  • Touch left side to move left
  • Touch right side to move right
  • Touch both sides at the same time to jump
  • Touch the shoot button to shoot (and reload if the clip is empty)

Computer
Arrow Keys / WSAD Use those keys to move the player
R Reload
Q Shoot
SPACE / W / UP Jump

Features
  • Fancy Game Asset
  • In Game Store and free coins for watching ads (on mobile only)
  • Google Play Games / Game Center (on mobile only)
  • endless Wave System

Attribution
>Game Asset
Name: Zombies Attack Game GUI Set
Author: DeLaGranSiete
URL: https://goo.gl/yzspnb

>Sound effects & ambient music
Name: War Sound FX
Author: Koenig Media, LLC
URL: http://soundbible.com/blog/2013/100-war-sound-fx/
License: Royalty Free

>Font
Name: Roboto (Google Font)
Author: Christian Robertson
URL: https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Roboto
License: Apache License, Version 2.0 (http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0)

Changelog
Version 1.0.7
  • Touch Control changed
  • Missing background image fixed
  • Missing localisation added

Version 1.0.8
  • Zombie spawning improved (Zombies do now spawn outside of the layout and not out of nowwhere)
  • Bounce Off improved
  • Touch Control improved
  • Player starts now with at least 3 Medi-Packs and 3 Ammo-Packs
  • Help section added
  • Zombie Counter shows now the killed zombies per at the current round

Version 1.0.9
  • Localisation improved
  • Minor changes to the store design
  • Fixed bug which lets jump all zombies if the player jumps on a dead one
  • Control improved
  • Minor bug fixes

Thank you!
Thank you for every download, every minute of play time and for any feedback!
Last edited by AndreasR on Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image iTunes: Match3 | Google Play: Match3
B
103
S
37
G
31
Posts: 1,164
Reputation: 28,928

Post » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:20 am

I like the graphics! But the gameplay doesn't catch me, sorry.

I see some problems there:
If the player jump on the head of a zombie, he will bounced up and hurt the zombie. The jump that kill that zombie doesn't bounce the player up, even if there is another zombie under him that should bounce him up. Then there is a double jump ability that is not working all the time. It seems to have problems with the head jumping.
Sometimes I have no ammo if I start the game. Is that intensional?
The zombies just appear on the screen. That feels strange! They are zombies not ghosts.
Image Image
B
21
S
7
G
2
Posts: 48
Reputation: 2,421

Post » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:13 am

Noisefever wrote:I like the graphics! But the gameplay doesn't catch me, sorry.

I see some problems there:
If the player jump on the head of a zombie, he will bounced up and hurt the zombie. The jump that kill that zombie doesn't bounce the player up, even if there is another zombie under him that should bounce him up. Then there is a double jump ability that is not working all the time. It seems to have problems with the head jumping.
Sometimes I have no ammo if I start the game. Is that intensional?
The zombies just appear on the screen. That feels strange! They are zombies not ghosts.


Hi,

Thank you for your honest feedback.

1) Yes this with the zombie is a bug. I'll update this with the upcoming update.
2) About the double jump ability, did you play it on a mobile phone?
3) Ammopacks need to be bought via coins. I will add a function, that you always have at least 3 packs.

Thank you!
Image Image iTunes: Match3 | Google Play: Match3
B
103
S
37
G
31
Posts: 1,164
Reputation: 28,928

Post » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:40 am

I did TRY to play it on a mobile but the controls didn't work. I used the version on Scirra Arcade.
Image Image
B
21
S
7
G
2
Posts: 48
Reputation: 2,421

Post » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:43 am

Noisefever wrote:I did TRY to play it on a mobile but the controls didn't work. I used the version on Scirra Arcade.


Yes I fixed it with version 1.0.7 on Google Play. The update was released a few hours ago.
Aslo Scirra Arcade gets an update today.
Thank you.

Regards
Andy
Image Image iTunes: Match3 | Google Play: Match3
B
103
S
37
G
31
Posts: 1,164
Reputation: 28,928

Post » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:22 am

Version 1.0.8
I just have updated the game to Version 1.0.8 including following bug fixes.

  • Zombie spawning improved (Zombies do now spawn outside of the layout and not out of nowwhere)
  • Bounce Off improved
  • Touch Control improved
  • Player starts now with at least 3 Medi-Packs and 3 Ammo-Packs
  • Help section added
  • Zombie Counter shows now the killed zombies per at the current round

Play
Download our beta game on Google Play (iOS coming soon) above or play it directly on Scirra Arcade first.
Scirra Arcade / Google Play
Image Image iTunes: Match3 | Google Play: Match3
B
103
S
37
G
31
Posts: 1,164
Reputation: 28,928

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:40 am

Version 1.0.9
I just have updated the game to Version 1.0.9 including following bug fixes.

  • Localisation improved
  • Minor changes to the store design
  • Fixed bug which lets jump all zombies if the player jumps on a dead one
  • Control improved
  • Minor bug fixes

Play
Download our beta game on Google Play (iOS coming soon) above or play it directly on Scirra Arcade first.
Scirra Arcade / Google Play
Image Image iTunes: Match3 | Google Play: Match3
B
103
S
37
G
31
Posts: 1,164
Reputation: 28,928

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:54 am

How do I get the APK on my android device? I played the web version. which is well laid out. In terms of gameplay (playing on browser) it did seem like i could just jump on heads forever and the challenge doesn't increase.

Suggestion: yes you can jump on heads but have the jump have a cooldown to avoid exploiting that feature. Alternately you could also perhaps introduce jumping zombies or something like that to mix up the safety of bouncing on heads forever.

Also I couldn't figure out how to reload. clickinging (web version mind you) didn't seem to do anything when it clicked "reload".

Suggestion: For the web version perhaps you could have all of the game controls correspond to key strokes like Z shoots X reloads or something like that. Also a toggle button for touch controls. This way people (most people) on web are going to not want touch controls taking up screens space

Really nice art and I love the way you have the remove ads / menus structured.
B
59
S
9
G
1
Posts: 946
Reputation: 6,561

Post » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:42 pm

part12studios wrote:How do I get the APK on my android device? I played the web version. which is well laid out. In terms of gameplay (playing on browser) it did seem like i could just jump on heads forever and the challenge doesn't increase.

Suggestion: yes you can jump on heads but have the jump have a cooldown to avoid exploiting that feature. Alternately you could also perhaps introduce jumping zombies or something like that to mix up the safety of bouncing on heads forever.

Also I couldn't figure out how to reload. clickinging (web version mind you) didn't seem to do anything when it clicked "reload".

Suggestion: For the web version perhaps you could have all of the game controls correspond to key strokes like Z shoots X reloads or something like that. Also a toggle button for touch controls. This way people (most people) on web are going to not want touch controls taking up screens space

Really nice art and I love the way you have the remove ads / menus structured.



Hi Caleb,

thank you for your feedback. You just need to enroll here
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/co ... mbieattack

Then you can download it directly at the page above or here.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... mbieattack

1) Head Jumping
That's a great idea. I will see how I slove that one. I guess it would be the best to give some zombies the ability to jump either.

2)Reload
You can press "R" on the keyboard to preload. Moreover you can use "Q" to shoot. I'll add a setting allowing you to choose the prefered input method. I also will implement a function letting the touch controls disappear on the Web / Desktop version.
Thank you for that suggestion!

Let me know if you have some further ideas :) I'm glad to implement them!

Regards
Andy
Image Image iTunes: Match3 | Google Play: Match3
B
103
S
37
G
31
Posts: 1,164
Reputation: 28,928

Post » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:57 am

Version 1.0.10
I just have updated the game to Version 1.0.10 including following bug fixes & new features.

  • Dialog added explaining the game
  • Touch Control buttons disappear now on Web / Desktop version
  • New "Evolved" zombies added (Faster & able to jump)
  • "Earn Coins" adjusted (still doesn't work perfectly)
  • Minor bug fixes

Play
Download our beta game on Google Play (iOS coming soon) above or play it directly on Scirra Arcade first.
Scirra Arcade / Google Play
Image Image iTunes: Match3 | Google Play: Match3
B
103
S
37
G
31
Posts: 1,164
Reputation: 28,928


Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests