How to get Funding for your Game
Everyone's circumstances are different and there are lots of ways you can fund your game ideas!
What is a Funding Platform?
A funding platform allows you to post an idea you have and people from all over the world can contribute small donations to help you reach your goal. It's a great way to raise money to buy a Construct 2 license and anything else you need to complete your game.
What should I prepare?
The more you have to show people, the more chance you will have at being fully funded! Remember you are asking people to donate money for your idea - the best way to get people excited about it is to show your passion for your project. Here are some suggestions:
- Use the free edition of Construct 2 to create a playable demo
- Show people any artwork/sketches you have
- Explain clearly what you need the money for
- Maybe a short video interview with yourself
- Provide rewards for people who fund you (for example if you fund over $10 you might like to give the pledger a free copy of your game when it's completed!)
Here are some potential funding platforms we've found that you might like to consider!
8-Bit Funding is a funding platform specifically for games! There is currently no minimum funding amount!. Learn more about how it works.
KickStarter is a very popular and well know funding platform. There is currently no minimum funding amount!. Learn more about how it works.
IndieGoGo is a free funding platform. The minimum funding amount is currently $500. Learn more about how it works or create your project.