Tutorial: Platform School

Post your own tutorials, guides and demos.

Post » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:35 pm

Hi! Thank you for this great tutorial!

But I have a question about ladders in the game.

I've set all same conditions and actions as your. But there are two problems:

1. When the Player on the Ladder, his animation always paused! Even I press "down" and "up" keys - climbing animation doesn't work. But! If I press "left/right" controls - he begin climbing.. What is it? I checked all conditions twice, but can't find the problem.

2. Problem two. Player climbing the ladder and when he near top platform (solid), he doesn't climb on it! Hom to make that object doesn't fall through solid platform, but if he jumps or climbs from the bottom, he lands on it?

Help me, pleeease :(

Thanks.

p.s. sorry, I don't speak English very well :roll:
B
G

Post » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:00 pm

[quote="orcheliya":3nunrd07]2. Problem two. Player climbing the ladder and when he near top platform (solid), he doesn't climb on it! Hom to make that object doesn't fall through solid platform, but if he jumps or climbs from the bottom, he lands on it?[/quote:3nunrd07]

Don't make the platform Solid. Check the "Platform" attribute instead.

As for the climbing animation, I recommend you post a thread in Help/Tech. Someone will probably have to look at your.cap to see what is going wrong.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:25 pm

deadeye,
I've checked "Platform" and it really works. Thank you! :)
B
G

Post » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:47 pm

Why hello!

I've been immensely enjoying your Platform School from the shadows, but have decided to join in the forum fun to point out that there's something wrong with your file host, as all the links to the episodes currently lead to some crazy file upload screen with no mention of the file. Or is it just me? Or is it some intermittent problem? Whatever it is, I hope I can stomp some Goom-- i mean Doombas soon!

x
B
G

Post » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:04 pm

*sigh*

Looks like Will Host For Food is currently messing around with their site again. It'll probably be fixed shortly.

In the meantime you can get all the tutorial files from the wiki page:
http://apps.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/c ... =Tutorials

And I guess I should just find a better file host. WHFF is the most hassle-free host I've found, but they're always going down or doing some weird update that breaks things :(. Oh, well...
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:19 pm

WHFF is horrible. It deleted the uploads like 3 times.

Use upload.namelezz.net
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:17 pm

Thanks SuperV, but I need a way to manage the files.

Anyway, WHFF is still struggling with their file issue, so I updated the first post with box.net links. They're not direct links, but I can't find another decent host that does direct links :/
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:55 pm

I could just upload it on my webspace, did that here:

http://thomasmahler.com/files/construct ... %20school/
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:55 pm

Thanks but no thanks, Thomas... I need to change the versions periodically and I don't want to be beholden to anyone for hosting. I need control over where they're hosted, and when they change. I already bug Ashley about hosting the files on the site every time I update. And if I can't get in touch with you for whatever reason then you'll have outdated files.

It's taken care of, for now anyway.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:30 am

Why not just use a drop box?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Your tutorials & example files