in November 2012
Here goes the monthly recap for Construct 2 and its community.
- Release 109 (beta) - New start dialog and built-in function object.
- Release 110.2 (beta) - Containers and experimental SCML import.
- Release 111 (beta) - Experimental export to Windows Phone 8 and Firefox Marketplace.
(The features listed here are only the "highlighted" features for each release. Check each release page to see the complete changelog and comments for each version)
Be sure to keep updated to the most recent release of Construct 2
- If you think you have found a bug in Construct 2 you can report it in this forum BUT
- Make sure it is not already a reported bug by searching through the "Bugs" forum
- Make sure it is not a bug in your events, a difference between what you have coded and what you would expect
- Make sure you're using the very latest version of Construct 2 (beta possibly, stable if this is the very latest release available)
- Join a .capx of the issue in the simplest manner possible (no 100+ events capx, no 10 mb capx)
- Make sure to read How to report bugs before posting and providing all the required informations (your configuration, the steps to use to reproduce the bug, any relevant information you can provide)
- Important news: C2 will access the Steam platform thanks to the Greenlight process.
- Plugin Sequence Matcher - rexrainbow - http://www.scirra.com/forum/topic59540.html
- Plugin FunctionExt - rexrainbow - https://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-functionext_topic59659.html
- Plugin .CUR cursors - thehen - http://www.scirra.com/forum/topic59831.html
- Plugin SLG movement - rexrainbow - http://www.scirra.com/forum/topic59901.html
- Behavior MazeNav - rfisher - http://www.scirra.com/forum/topic59970.html
- Plugin JSONTMX importer - rexrainbow - http://www.scirra.com/forum/topic59982.html
- Plugin Seed random - 00Rez - http://www.scirra.com/forum/topic60194.html
A list of published webGL effects is maintained in the "Plugins for Construct 2" forum, and if you have some effects of your own you want to share, please post them in that forum with a title tag [Effect].
- How can we content control our arcade by Tom: In this article, Tom turns to the community to explain the issue the arcade is concerned with at the moment: some of the games uploaded their are rather "mature" and Scirra's website is intended for all audience. How should be this situation handled, express your ideas and opinions.
- HTML5 games faster than native? by Ashley: An article to make the point on Construct 2's performances on a new high-end computer with an amazing result. The C2 engine would appear to have better performances than the older Construct-Classic engine and a discussion about those performances.
- IE10 review: still disappointing for HTML5 games by Ashley: In this article, Ashley keeps on discovering windows 8 features and make a comparison in performances for HTML5 games in browsers between IE10 and chrome/firefox. So results are not very much in favor of IE10 which appears as very much outdated compared to its competition, but appears to be the only working system in win 8. Another way for Microsoft to screw the web ?
- You can consult all or the newest tutorials
- You can check the top or the newest games in the arcade
- You can find even more games and other kind of projects in "Your creations" forum
- "Construct 2 General" and "How do I" are the main forums to ask and find answer to technical questions about Construct 2 (don't forget the sticky "How do I Frequently Asked Question")
- The manual gets updated with each new stable release, be sure to consult it
- A list of all published plugins and behaviors is maintained as sticky in the "Plugins for Construct 2" forum.
- A list of the published webGL effects is maintained in the "Plugins for Construct 2" forum.
- If you have some plugins, behaviors or effects of your own you want to share, please post them in the "Plugins for Construct 2" forum with a title tag (either [Plugin], [Behavior] or[Effect]).
- What you may have missed in December 2011
- What you may have missed in January 2012
- What you may have missed in February 2012
- What you may have missed in March 2012
- What you may have missed in April 2012
- What you may have missed in May 2012
- What you may have missed in June 2012
- What you may have missed in July 2012
- What you may have missed in August 2012
- What you may have missed in September 2012
- What you may have missed in October 2012
This closes our monthly recap.
Enjoy the last month of the year and see you in the next "edition" for a full year of "What you may have missed".